How To Get Rid Of A Roach Infestation In Santa Barbara For Good!
August 15, 2022 - Cockroaches
Few things are worse than having your home invaded by pests. And when these pests are cockroaches, known for introducing deadly diseases and infections, getting rid of them needs to be a priority.
If you are struggling with a cockroach infestation, it's time to learn how to identify cockroaches. Understand why they are dangerous and find out how to deter cockroaches safely and effectively. If roaches have invaded your home, Jhonny's Pest Control provides pest control in Santa Barbara you can rely on to get rid of these dangerous insects for good.
How To Identify Cockroaches In Santa Barbara
In California in general and the Santa Barbara area, you can find the following three types of cockroaches:
- The German cockroach is the most common one. Because cockroaches generally only come out at night, you might not notice an infestation until it is advanced. This very small cockroach, about half an inch in length, is light brown with two dark stripes on the back of its head.
- The Oriental cockroach is dark brown to black and about an inch long. You will often find them attracted to water in bathrooms and high humidity areas.
- The brown-banded cockroach is only about half an inch long and is the smallest one. It owes its name to its alternating light brown and dark brown bands on its back.
Cockroaches are a common sight in California's warm weather. If you see signs of a cockroach infestation in your home, it is crucial to learn about why they can be hazardous to your health.
Why Are Cockroaches In Santa Barbara Dangerous?
Cockroaches in Santa Barbara are dangerous for several reasons:
- They can cause allergic reactions and asthma attacks due to their saliva and feces' protein. Children and the elderly are especially at risk.
- Cockroaches are vectors of dangerous diseases like salmonella, cholera, and dysentery and can cause food poisoning.
- Cockroach legs have bristles that can cause infections if they contact your skin.
Cockroaches in Santa Barbara are unsanitary insects that can transmit potentially deadly diseases and contaminate your food. If you find a cockroach in your house, now is to learn about effective cockroach control methods.
Should You Call Pest Control To Get Rid Of Roaches?
If cockroaches have taken over, it is best to reach out to a professional pest control company for the following reasons:
- Cockroaches have become resistant to many treatments, and homemade remedies are often useless for these dangerous pests.
- Cockroaches reproduce quickly, and the longer you wait, the more extensive the infestation will be.
- Cockroaches are very good at hiding. When you think you have exterminated them all, another group might be hiding in other areas of your home. Pest control experts can help determine if your cockroach problem is gone.
- Our licensed technicians can help you determine why cockroaches have invaded in the first place. From spotting water leaks to finding cockroach entry points in your home, experts can help you eliminate why they were attracted to your home.
Getting rid of cockroaches on your own can be overwhelming. At Jhonny's Pest Control, we provide effective cockroach pest control in Santa Barbara.
How To Keep Roaches From Coming Back In Santa Barbara
It's vital to keep up with hygiene practices like keeping your cooking and dining areas clean of leftovers and debris and fixing water leaks to keep roaches from returning to your Santa Barbara home. But in warm and humid areas, it might not be enough. Don’t let cockroaches come back after successful extermination.
Contact us today for the most effective cockroach control in the Santa Barbara area. Cockroaches are dangerous invaders that are both resistant and reproduce quickly. With the help of professional pest control, you can get rid of your infestation for good.
At Jhonny's Pest Control, we can advise you on the best house cockroach prevention tips to keep future infestations at bay.